10 October 2011

A few drawings......


The first image is unfinished but is showing a work in progress. I used illustrator to produce this and by drawing the outlines of each fruit .I then arranged them so those that needed would overlap the fruit that where more in the background in the picture.

Over the past few weeks I have worked on images to do with the style of Julian Opie and Andy Warhol. I have emerged both of the artists ideas on the  third drawing (with the purple background) by using the black lining like Warhol but using the vibrant colours of Opie.  I believe the image looks successful especially by adding certain details on each fruit and vegetable giving it a more personalized feel. I have also added the original with the lines I started with to produce this piece.





For this drawing I used a minimalistic approach by not adding much detail to the subjects. The original picture is below it and shows the detail I could of included in this drawing. I believe it is a more Michael Craig Martin and Julian Opie approach but I believe the wine glass in the background could've done with a bit more detail as it doesn't look like a wine glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment