29 November 2011

Influence numero something!

Here are some screen shots on an idea I am currently working on. I am aiming for a Little Mermaid effect with a traditional Greek mythology siren look. i am doing this by hopefully making the woman into a scaley yet endearing  specimen compared to the man who could represent a sailor falling for the sirens charm. I am a huge fan of greek mythology and especially the stories behind "mermaids".


On this screen shot you can see that I have added a layer of just a blocked colour rectangle. I did this to erase the hair strands to the correct size of my picture. I did the hair strands in separate layers to create the three dimension feel to it by being able to layer the high, the mids and the dark tones to the hair.

As you can see with the colour of the block rectangle some strands are blending in but once hidden or completely removed when I am finished it will all come into place. I have also added a green influenced black. This is to represent the sea weed colour for the woman.

Here is how my image is looking so far. I believe it is looking quite effective and will hopefully carry on going in this direction.
Ive added the scales to the piece and i am now just highlighting and low lighting the areas of the woman's face to create a realistic effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment